These patient education brochures are from the Addiction Treatment Forum at http://www.atforum.com and they give good information about Medication Assisted Treatment using methadone.
Introducing the Road to Recovery
- This introductory brochure provides a basic understanding of: What is methadone? What is Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT)? How safe is methadone? How much methadone do you need? How long does treatment take? What’s Next? [Released 1998]
English (301KB; 2pp) Spanish (301KB, 2pp)
Discontinuing MMT: Why, When, How?
- This brochure is designed to explain that there are many important points to consider before discontinuing methadone and leaving MMT including: Who should consider discontinuing methadone? How is methadone discontinued? How long does MSW (Medically Supervised Withdrawal) take? Are you ready for MSW? What can you do? [Released 2004]
English (255KB; 2pp) Spanish (254KB, 2pp)
Understanding MMT Clinic Rules
- This brochure provides a basic understanding of some of the many rules that methadone clinics follow including: Who makes the rules? How are clinic hours determined? Why are urine tests necessary? Why is methadone so restricted? Who is allowed take-home doses? What should you do? [Released 2000]
English (295KB; 2pp) Spanish (297KB, 2pp)
What is Success in MMT?
- This brochure describes some attainable benefits of MMT and certain pitfalls to avoid. Topics include:What are the immediate goals of MMT? How does one get on the road to recovery? Why is take-home methadone a measure of success? What about lapses and relapses? How long must MMT continue for success? What can you do? [Released 2004]
English (270KB; 2pp) Spanish (270KB, 2pp)
Getting Started on Methadone
- This brochure explains some of specific safety measures for getting started on methadone and what to expect including: What’s different about methadone? How is a starting dose determined? What if the dose is too low? What about methadone overmedication? Is ther a “best” methadone dose? What can you do? [Released 2003]
English (189KB; 2pp) Spanish (187KB, 2pp)
How Much Methadone is Enough?
- This brochure provides important information to help you know how much methadone is “enough” addressing: Why is adequate methadone dose important? How much is “enough”? Why are dose requirements different? Do higher doses cause worse side effects? Does a higher dose create more dependence? What can you do? [Released 2003]
English (258KB; 2pp) Spanish (258KB, 2pp)